I’ve been dreaming about s’mores ever since reading Jaclyn’s post about creative s’more ideas. Then a friend made us s’mores at her house the other day. It’s like I forgot how good they are. And it got me all excited for weenie roasts, sitting around a fire, and making s’mores for dessert. We live just minutes from the mountains and taking spontaneous drives up the canyon to roast marshmallows and makes s’mores is something we love to do in the summer.
Until it warms up just a bit more, a microwave s’more will have to do. And these s’mores, they do, no matter how you make them.
I think I’ve had a s’more every day this week and this one with cookie butter on it knocked ma’ socks off.
I used crunchy Biscoff spread but of course you can use creamy. It’s the tast we’re really after. That sweet and buttery cookie flavor melted together with milk chocolate, marshmallows, and crunchy graham crackers.
Seriously good people.
And quite possibly one of the messiest s’mores to eat. Owen wouldn’t pick it up with is own hands. He’s a little OCD about getting his hands messy–he hates it!
But hopefully you don’t….
- 4 graham crackers, broken in half (8 halves)
- 4 large marshmallows
- 1 (8 oz) Hershey's milk chocolate bar, broken into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons Biscoff spread
- Spread a thin layer of Biscoff on four of the graham cracker squares. On the other four graham crackers place a square of milk chocolate. Toast marshmallows until golden if using a camp fire. Then assemble s'more.
- For microwave, place grahams with chocolate on them in the microwave (50% power) for 20-25 seconds. Place grahams with cookie butter in the microwave as well and place a marshmallow on top of the chocolate. Microwave for another 15-20 seconds or until marshmallows are big and puffy. Assemble s'mores.
- Makes the perfectly melty-oozing and messy s'more:)