My three year old is the pickiest eater right now. And boy is he stubborn. One thing I know he’ll always eat is a grilled cheese sandwich or a quesadilla. The boy loves cheese:)
In an effort to make his daily consumption of cheese a little more creative I made these Cheesy Crescent Roll Waffle Bites. I loved them just as much as him.
Crescent roll dough gets sandwiched together with cheese and cooks in just minutes in a waffle iron. They are like mini butter, flaky grilled cheese waffle sandwiches.
We dipped them in mustard and ate them for lunch, but you could serve them along side any meal or as a quick after school snack. If you want them super cheesy, double up the cheese slices in the middle!
- 1 tube of refrigerator Crescent Rolls (cut into 16 triangular pieces, see below)
- 4 slices cheese of your choice (cut into 4 triangle pieces)
- waffle iron
- cooking spray
- Turn waffle iron on.
- Roll out crescent roll dough and cut into 16 smaller triangles. Cut cheese slices into four triangular pieces.
- Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray. Place four crescent triangles on the waffle iron. (you may need to shape the triangle pieces of dough a little)
- Top with a slice of cheese. Top each with another crescent triangle and lightly push down to seal edges.
- Cook in waffle iron until golden (or slightly cripsy if desired).
- Remove from waffle iron, enjoy!