No Bake cookies have always been one of my favorite treats! Probably because of the combination of chocolate and peanut butter (I almost always add a little extra peanut butter.) I have a not so healthy version you can try, and a healthier version to try too. Both are delicious, and addicting, and my go-to for a quick treat.
Over the weekend I decided to whip up a batch and had the crazy idea to scoop some of the no bake cookie onto a thick slice of banana. And oh my goodness it was amazing. So I quickly sliced up several bananas and scooped the cookies onto the bananas. I ate most of them right then and there and the rest I popped into the fridge. To be devoured five minutes later.
You know how I roll.
These are really good when chilled a little, but even better if you pop ’em in the freezer. (That is if you don’t plan on eating them all in one sitting like I did). They are the perfect little bite-sized chocolate-peanut-butter-banana frozen treat.
Is it summer yet?
And they are absolutely, 100% guilt free. Promise.
- 1/2 cup honey or agave (i've tried both and like honey better)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup low fat milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 large bananas
- In a medium saucepan melt honey and cocoa powder together over medium heat. Stir in milk (or almond milk) and coconut oil and bring to a boil. Let boil for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla, salt, then oats.
- Quickly peel and slice bananas into once-inch slices. Lay slices on a baking sheet or plate lined with wax or parchment paper. Scoop a rounded tsp of no bake cookie on to the top of each banana slice, working quickly so the cookie mix doesn't dry up.
- Eat right away or store in an air tight container in the freezer or fridge until ready to eat. They are really good chilled or frozen too! If not freezing, you'll want to eat sooner than later so the bananas don't brown.
- makes about 20-24 banana bites