The granola I am obsessed with guys!
My sister-in-law Ashely had a batch of this Healthy Naturally Sweetened Granola at her house over Thanksgiving and I could not stop eating it! I love that it’s naturally sweetened with organic honey and coconut sugar. No processed sugars!! It’s still perfectly sweet and tasty. It’s what I’m gifting to friends and neighbors this Christmas 🙂
I’m attempting a sugarless holiday and so far my only major setback has been a deep fried corndog from Disney. It was our first time there, I had to try one! And yes, that batter they fry those babies in is absolutely loaded with sugar. This granola with a bowl of unsweetened almond milk is my favorite! But is also great for making greek yogurt parfaits!
This batch will make about a full gallon zip lock bag! So if you want, double it to feed the masses. But it also lasts forever in an air-tight container so you can keep it and use it for a while! Happy Monday friends!
- 6 cups regular oats
- 2 cups almonds (sliced, chopped, or whole--or whatever nut you have on hand!)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (roasted and salted, no shells)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- 1 cups organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup organic honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1½ tbsp vanilla
- Combine the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, and chia together in a large bowl. Add the coconut sugar and cinnamon to the oats mixture.
- In a bowl combine coconut oil, honey, water, and vanilla together. Heat in the microwave, whisking often until melted together. Pour over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Bake at 300 for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until lightly toasted and browned.
- Once it has been baked and cooled slightly, feel free to add any dried fruits.
- ** this is half of the original recipe so feel free to double if you want to make a HUGE batch. This batch filled one gallon zip lock bag!