Hi! Happy Monday! Thursday we got back from a week in Colorado and I’m still not quite recovered. Something about traveling solo, your baby not napping or sleeping good (he was up for HOURS several nights we were gone. i think he’s teething 😐 ) + late nights and early mornings + and playing all day long wears a mama out. BUT it was so much fun and so worth it! I’ve got a post all about traveling with the littles coming later this week.
My no sugar goal came to hault on vacation. When I’m tired or stressed I always tend to reach for sugar. And diet coke 🙂 Aaaaand my mom made these amazing crack brownies while I was home that were just begging me to eat them. I caved.
Maybe I’ll try again soon.
But this weekend, home with all my boys, we made cookies. Flourless Chocolate Chip Honey Cookies. Made with oats, coconut oil and sweetened with honey. And chocolate chips, duh. They’re practically heathy, right? Riiiiight. So we ate a few….
They’re thick and chewy and perfectly sweet. I was surprised how much I loved the hint of honey with chocolate and oats too. You’ve just got to try them. Think of them as a guilt free chocolate chip cookie –> no flour, no butter and no refined sugar!
- 1 3/4 c ground old fashioned oats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground oats, 1 cup old fashioned oats, baking soda, baking powders, and pinch of salt.
- In another small, microwave safe bowl melt the coconut oil and honey together. Let cool for a few minutes. Whisk in vanilla and egg. Pour the liquid into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper using a cookie scoop. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove, let cool for a few minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.