Halo Top Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream sandwiched between two Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coconut Cookies!
I should be sharing some healthier Thanksgiving desserts with you, but I’m too busy stuffing my face with Halo Top Ice Cream! Have you guys tried it yet? It’s the healthiest, best tasting ice cream I’ve ever tried. I mean, it’s ice cream, but it’s lower in carbs, lower in calories, and higher in protein than any other ice cream. AND they actually taste good.
We are slowly, okay-maybe not so slowly, trying all of their new flavors. The Peanut Butter Cup is my favorite, but we just tried the Oatmeal Cookie and it’s soooo good too! I immediately knew it needed to be sandwiched in between my favorite Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coconut Oil Cookies. The two were made for each other.
My Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coconut Oil Cookies taste a lot like snickerdoodles. The cinnamon, nutty brown sugar flavors make it perfect for the subtle cinnamon-y, buttery Oatmeal Cookie flavors of the ice cream.
I might have made mine with slightly warm cookies so the ice cream was melting everywhere. But they were so.freaking.good.
You can put yours back in the freezer to firm up if you want.
Hopefully I’ll have some healthier Thanksgiving dishes to share soon, but in the meantime, you gotta try these babies.
Or maybe I’ll just keep experimenting with Halo Top Ice Cream recipes + keep the obsession going strong! Let me know if you try these and love them like we do!
Halo Top Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 pint Halo Top Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream
- for the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coconut Oil Cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Cinnamon-sugar topping:
- ¼ sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat coconut oil and brown sugar together until creamy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. Slowly mix dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.
- Prepare the cinnamon-sugar mix in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into one inch balls, roll in the cinnamon sugar and place on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. cool completely before making ice cream cookie sandwiches.
- Set the Halo Top Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream out on the counter for a few minutes to soften a little.
- Scoop a large spoonful of Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream in between two cookies. Place in the freezer to firm up the ice cream again or enjoy right away!
- Makes 6 cookie sandwiches (with 6 extra cookies to enjoy. you'll need another pint of ice cream to make more ice cream sandwiches!)