Are you guys over all things pumpkin now that Thanksgiving is over? I’m not, so bear with me! I never got around to sharing this Healthy Pumpkin Honey Banana Bread I made a while back and my boys loved it so much I figured I should share it! It’s made with all good things–pumpkin and bananas, coconut oil, whole wheat flour! And sweetened with honey! And who doesn’t love warm, sweet bread on a cold wintery morning?
I can’t even believe we are into the holiday season! How do we slow it down? Or at least just slow down ourselves? Be more present?
Working on putting my phone away more. Paying attention to little details of our lives. And truly enjoying this Christmas season. Sit together around the table more. Hot chocolate, pj’s, and stories by the fireplace. Games and giggles. And probably some screaming and tears because #reallife But all with a slice of warm Pumpkin Honey Banana Bread sounds pretty nice!
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 depending on size)
- 1 (14 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl and set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk eggs together. Add pumpkin, honey, vanilla, coconut oil. Stir in mashed bananas.
- In another medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and pinch of salt together. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve slices with a drizzle of honey!