I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We got hit with the stomach flu last week so I’m really hoping for a much peppier, non-puking bunch at my house this week, to ring in the New Year with!
I made this uhhhh-mazing Honey Pear & Walnut Crostini in partnership with Minted and it would be theeee perfect appetizer for you NYE party! I’ve been dreaming about it since I made it a couple of weeks ago and have been dying to tell you about it! Please say you’ll make it??
^^Diced pear, chopped walnuts (or pecans), cinnamon and a little bit of honey cooked in coconut oil! Just saute until tender and saucy!! And I added feta just before spooning it onto slices of crusty french baguette. Then it all gets toasted in the oven for a few minutes!
I’m telling you your party peeps will love it. And it’s made with good, quality ingredients, no refined sugar!
I love using Minted for my holiday cards each year (and it’s still not too late to order New Year’s Photo Cards to send to friends and family)! This card is my favorite and you will just love the quality of their cards and service 🙂
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbs honey
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 loaf french baguette
- Heat oven to 400.
- In a medium saucepan melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add diced pear, walnuts, and cinnamon. Saute for 4-5 minutes, reduce heat slightly and add 1½ tbs honey. Continue cooking until honey turns into more of a glaze. Remove from heat. Sprinkle ¼ cup feta cheese over the top.
- Slice the baguette into thin slices. Place sliced bread on a baking sheet and spoon the pear mixture onto the bread.
- Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes until bread is toasted. Remove. Drizzle a little more honey over the top. Serve.