If you like classic chocolate chip cookie bars, I promise you’ll love this version loaded with crushed Oreo cookies, white chocolate and and milk chocolate chips. Ooey gooey, oober chocolatey cookie bars. Just the treat you’ll want this weekend!
I sprinkled some White Chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs on top for a fun Easter twist. The bars may seem undercooked when you pull them out of the oven, but let them cool in the pan to cook a little bit more. Remember, gooey = good. At least in my book. Once cooled, dish up and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 Oreos, crushed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + extra for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips + extra for sprinkling on top (or White Chocolate Mini Cadbury Eggs)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Whisk flour, soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Slowly beat flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Gently stir in 1/2 of the crushed Oreos, the white chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips. Spread batter into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos, additional white and milk chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350. (until edges are golden). Bars will be slightly gooey and seem un-done, but let cool completely in the pan and they will cook a little bit more! Gooey = good!
- *recipe is adapted from Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie Recipe from my Grandma's church cookbook members put together