Swap out the chips with mini bell pepper halves for healthier loaded nachos for game day 🙂
If you’re looking for a healthier, low carb version of one of the best game-day eats eva…then these Mini Bell Pepper Nachos are it! Same cheesy, beefy goodness minus the chips and still just as good my friends.
Mini peppers loaded with taco seasoned beef and cheese, broiled to perfection. Topped with sour cream, guac, and a little cilantro. Simple, yet so good.
Feel free to add more toppings- black beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, salsa. Or keep it plane jane like I did. I have pretty picky kids. And shockingly they liked these too.
And if you want to make them whole30, like I did (only five more days!!) you ditch the cheese and sour cream!
- 12 mini bell peppers, halved (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef (or shredded chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican shredded cheese (more or less as desired)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- sour cream
- In a large skillet, sauté minced garlic and chopped onion in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until golden.
- Add the ground beef to the pan, and cook until browned and cooked through. Drain excess grease. Return to pan and add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Let simmer until water is absorbed. Set meat aside. Heat oven to broil.
- Line mini bell pepper halves in a single layer on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press peppers so that hey lay flat. Spoon beef over the peppers. Cover with the shredded cheese and place in the oven to broil.
- Remove from oven once cheese is melted.
- Top with desired toppings and serve!