I’ve realized my taste for certain foods has changed since I’ve been married. I like onions. I like buffalo wings. Cherry-dipped vanilla cones are growing on me. And I really like blue cheese. All things I never liked and never ate before I married Brett. All things he loves. I don’t think I even tried blue cheese before I was married because the smell alone was kind of repulsing.
Now look at me. I’m covering my sweet potatoes with the stuff.
I strategically sliced my sweet potatoes into rounds rather than fries, so that each little piece could carry the mother-load of both blue cheese and cheddar cheese.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice sweet potato into thin round discs (using a knife or mandolin).
- Toss with oil and season with garlic salt & salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until rounds are slightly browned and crispy, turning once half way through.
- Remove from oven and move sweet potatoes closer together. Sprinkle with cheeses and return to oven for another 3-4 minutes or until cheeses are melted.