Thanks to Liz at Sweet Simplicity Designs, my site got a little makeover! It was long overdue and I love how it turned out. Thank you Liz!
I’ve also moved to a new domain, sweettreatsmore.com. You should be redirected to the new site if you type in the old blogspot address, but you may need to re-subscribe through feedburner or by email.
Take a look around and explore the new site! I hope you like it as much as I do.
Now, how about some Frito Pie?
What I love about this Oven-Baked Frito Pie is the layer of Frito’s on the bottom of the chili as well as on the top. I pretty much love Frito’s…they are the most addicting little chips ever….so get a big bag! The chips on top get nice and toasted and the cheese throughout it gets nice and melted as well.
The chili comes together in a cinch, and although it seems there are a lot of steps, it all really comes together pretty quickly.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz) chili beans
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 envelope low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2% fat kind)
- 3 1/2 cups corn chips (Frito's)
- 1 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- Cook ground beef until meat is browned; drain. Stir in beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix and 1/4 c. of cheese. Sprinkle 1 cup corn chips in bottom of 8x8 baking dish or 9x13 dish. Cover with chili. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Spread sour cream over chili. Top with remaining corn chips and cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer.
- **I froze half of the chili so essentially halved everything else (half the chips, half the cheese, half the sour cream. You get it) and put it together in a small round casserole dish (smaller than an 8x8).