If you can’t tell I am on a little bit of protein/energy ball kick. They are like my go to treat these days! Except for when I indulge in a small batch of cookies on the weekend. Or eat big, buttery soft pretzels for lunch. Had a total mid-week flop yesterday but it was kinda worth it.
I love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bites because they are made with peanut butter powder (we buy this one)! I’m obsessed with experimenting with it right now. If you haven’t ever used peanut butter powder, you add water to it to make a much lower fat, lower calorie peanut butter. We add it to shakes all the time, pancakes, stir it in greek yogurt, and you can totally use it in baked goods. I’m having fun with it! And these little babies are just another little creation we are loving…
I didn’t add any protein powder this time, but you totally can if you want to!
Watch the video to see just how easy they are to make!! And you guys….we’re almost to Friday!!!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter powder (we use PBfit)
- 1 small banana, mashed
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts (or hemp seeds, chia, or flax)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Place everything in a bowl and stir together until well incorporated. Roll into one-inch balls and chill in the freezer for an hour (or in the fridge) until ready to eat.
- * if you want to use regular peanut butter instead of peanut butter powder, you will need to add a little more oats (i'd just eyeball it)!
- makes 8-10 (depending on size of balls)