The hustle and bustle of Christmas and shopping reminded me of this refreshing treat. And I happen to love this homemade version even better. Especially when, heaven for bid, the nearest mall is four hours away. I no longer live in the boonies but still prefer this homemade Orange Julius.
So drink up….
- 1/2 cup low-fat or skim milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tbs sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate (I cut a 12 oz can of frozen orange juice in half and save the other half for your next smoothie)
- **add one egg white (optional-helps make it frothier!)
- Place everything in a blender and blend for several minutes until smooth and frothy.