I am obsessed with all things frozen. Ice cream. Ice. Popsicles. Shakes. Smoothies. Frozen yogurt. Fruity frozen yogurt sandwiched between two graham crackers. Ob-freaking-sessed!
Which is why Deborah and I thought we should throw a frozen treats blog party (she must be as obsessed as me!) We thought everyone could use some new tasty treats to get us through the last month of summer. How is that even possible? Less than one month left!
I definitely see more ice cream in my future….
For the party, I made Raspberry Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Sandwiches. They’re perfectly smooth and creamy, tart and fruity, and sandwiched between two soft and chewy graham crackers (yep, they get soft and chewy when frozen to some yogurt!) They couldn’t be more perfect and they’re super easy to make.
The idea for these came from my husband, who wanted a healthier alternative to an ice cream sandwich. The result was fantastic and we thought our idea was pretty brilliant. Right up until we realized there was a very similar recipe on the back of box of graham crackers we used. Wah-wah.
They key to these bars is using Honey Flavored Greek Gods Yogurt! It makes them extra thick and creamy!
- 1 1/2 cups Honey Greek Gods Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, pureed
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- 7 graham crackers
- Stir the yogurt, raspberry puree and whipped topping together until there aren't any lumps.
- Line a 9 inch square pan with foil and let the edges hang up over the edges.
- Whisk together the yogurt, fresh raspberry puree, and whipped topping until mixture is combined well.
- Line 3 grahams on the bottom of the 9-inch pan. Take another graham, and break it in half, length-wise. You will have 3 and a half graham crackers on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the yogurt mixture on top of the graham crackers and spread evenly over the top. Top with three and half more graham crackers.
- Cover and place in the freezer for several hours or until sandwiches are frozen. Slice bars in half, creating 6 perfect squared and 2 small rectangular bars.
- store in air-tight container in the freezer.