Hello! Happy Monday! I wanted share this quick, easy cauliflower rice bowl we are loving right now. Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower is all the rage right and we incorporate into several meals a week. We use it in place of any meal we’d eat rice with! The boys aren’t huge fans so I usually just make normal white or brown rice for them OR mix a little of the cauliflower rice with the normal rice. Sneaky sneaky!
This is one of our latest favorite dishes to make with it. Salmon Cauliflower Rice Bowls! Oven baked salmon, the riced cauliflower cooked with mushrooms, peppers, and onions! My secret to masking the “cauliflower” flavor (because, it is pretty prominent) is cooking it with a little chicken bouillon. I use a bouillon paste but you can use a cube or powder too.
We have friends in town for their Spring break and we’re off to Legoland today, and will playing all week (and ditching some school, hee hee!) Have a great week!
- 2 salmon filets, thawed
- 1 (16 oz) package Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower
- 2 bell peppers, sliced and diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon (or buillon cube)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425. Drizzle salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, until center is opaque colored and fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add minced garlic and diced onion an saute until onions are translucent in color. Add riced cauliflower, mushrooms and peppers. Add chicken bouillon paste or cube. Cook and cover for 10-12 minutes (stirring occasionally) until the cauliflower rice is tender.
- Divide the rice among two bowls and serve each with a salmon filet.