I made these Skinny Avocado Tuna Melts a couple of years ago and I randomly got the hankering for them the other day. Actually, I was craving the thick, buttery + crusty bread kind of tuna melt– loaded with mayo and cheese! The kind that costs you a bajillion calories + makes ya wanna cry after eating it. Just kidding. But then I remembered these skinny bad boys!
So I whipped them up for lunch yesterday. Figured I’d update the photos before I devoured them! And I made just one change that is super important…
Here’s what ya need: tuna of course (I like white albacore in water), an avocado, tomato, green onion, lettuce, a little cheese, sandwich thins (loving these Ozery Bakery One Buns!) and your choice of dressing……keep reading….
You can ditch the classic mayo completely and use white vinegar (gives it a little zesty flavor). Or you can add a little Greek yogurt or you can, AND YOU SHOULD, use this Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Dressing!! Obsessed with that dressing thanks to Jennas Kitchen. Eat them open face style on the sandwich thin or just eat it like a salad!!
Happy Friday….make a tuna melt this weekend!
- 1 sandwich thin (like Ozery Bakery One Buns)
- 1 ( 5 oz) can chunk white albacore tuna (in water)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 of an avocado diced
- 1/2 roma tomato, diced
- 1 tsp diced green onion
- salt & pepper
- 2 slices reduced fat medium cheddar cheese (or shredded cheese)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lettuce to top *optional
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt or Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Yogurt Dressing!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl combing tuna (drained), white wine vinegar (Greek yogurt or Bolthouse dressing), avocado, tomato, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Separate the sandwich thin and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top each with a slice of cheese then evenly distribute the tuna on each sandwich thin as well.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with shredded lettuce and serve.