The first thing you should know about these Skinny Salmon Tacos is that you muuuuust go make that Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus I posted on Wednesday. Or maybe you already have?! Good on ya, if so 😉 I’ve been snacking on it all week. But before it all vanished I whipped up these tacos and that hummus was perfection on them!
These tacos are as easy as baking some salmon, cooking some cauliflower rice, and assembling! The assembly line looks a little like this…..
corn tortilla * arugula * cauliflower rice * salmon * cilantro jalapeño hummus * lime juice
Easy, healthy, and 100% satisfying! Feel free to sub the cauli rice for a brown rice or quinoa if you prefer. And if you’ve ever tried the Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning, then you know your salmon needs a little bit on it as well!
- 1 (16 oz) pkg riced cauliflower or ½ head cauliflower (chopped super fine)
- 4 salmon filets, thawed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs Trader Joe's chili lime seasoning (or similar)
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups baby arugula
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 2-3 limes
- cilantro jalapeno hummus (for topping- recipe linked above)
- Cook the salmon:
- Preheat oven to 400. Brush olive oil all over each salmon filet. Season with salt + pepper (and Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning if you have it!)
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes away with a fork. Remove and use a fork to shred into small pieces.
- While the salmon is baking, cook the cauliflower rice.
- Coat a large skillet with extra virgin olive oil and add the cauliflower. Add another tablespoon of olive oil,season with salt, pepper, and the juice of one lime. Saute over medium, stirring occasionally until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble tacos by putting a little arugula on the corn tortilla, then a scoop of cauliflower rice, some salmon, and cilantro jalapeño hummus and a squeeze of fresh lime.