How in the world is it the first of May? Pretty soon summer will be here. Before I know it my baby will be one. Our soon-to-be days filled with sno cones, playing at the pool, and barbecues will zoom right on by. And suddenly, I’ll be dropping my three year old off at preschool. Gahhhh!
It’s moments like these when I just want to tell time to please slow down.
Funny how many months go by and suddenly you realize it’s all gone by too fast and you want to rewind life just a little, enjoy it just a little bit more.
And enjoy the simple things, like the sunrise. Or the sunset. A super yummy smoothie for breakfast. A run outside. Lounging in sweats. A family walk to the park. A floor covered in legos. A toddler building a fort. A husband that’s home for dinner.
A simple dinner.
A simple dinner that gets devoured by said husband. Like, so simple it’s ready in 30 minutes, leaving more time to enjoy all of those other things.
These Spicy Jalapeño Tuna Patties do have a little kick. You can calm it down by removing most of the jalapeño seeds and using less crushed red pepper. Cook them up ’til they are nice and crispy on the outsides and serve over a bed of lettuce, on a bun, or plain with a side of veggies. And a little Creamy Tomatillo Dressing drizzled over the top is amazing!
- 2 (5 oz) cans white albacore tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup bread seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 medium-sized jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (leave some seeds for extra spice)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs chopped green onion
- pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl combine everything together and divide meat into 4 equal parts. Form 4 patties. Coat a large saucepan with olive oil and set to medium-high heat. Place patties in the saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until edges are crispy and cooked through.
- Really tasty with some of this Creamy Tomatillo Dressing