We’ve had these Turkey Bacon & Egg Breakfast Tacos twice this week already. Once for breakfast and once for brinner. They are sooooo good. And simple. And healthy! Proof that simple, healthy foods can taste good! The recipe comes from the Healthy Glow Collective’s Healthy Glow Guide–a six week balanced food and fitness plan! Healthy Glow.Co was created by Monique of Ambitious Kitchen and Lee of Fit Foodie Finds based on a shared, balanced approach to health that’s free from guilt or restriction. Aaaaand it is amazing!
I admire the women who have created this amazing online resource and community for women encouraging positive relationships with food and exercise! Something I read that Monique said once that was she wanted to create a home full of love, cookies, and kale salads ❤️ I seriously love that so much and want the same in my home!
The Healthy Glow Guide is a multi-week, flexible plan dedicated to providing you with the tools you need to feel and look your best, including workouts, meal plans, grocery lists and motivation from your favorite healthy food bloggers!
I’m so glad I got my hands on the guide and can’t wait to try more of the recipes and workouts.
I mean, things like Grain Free Cashew Brownies, Detox Green Smoothie Bowl, and Carnita Burrito Bowls! And the workouts in the program can be done anywhere with little equipment, something I’m trying to more this year is not always feel like I have to go to the gym. An early morning workout at home can do!
If you need to test drive the program, give these breakfast tacos a try asap!! You will love them and will want to try more of their incredible recipes!
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- Splash of almond milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 pieces of turkey bacon (or regular bacon)
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 4 white corn tortillas (taco-sized)
- Optional: cilantro for garnish
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place 4 strips of turkey bacon on sheet and bake for around 15 minutes or until as crispy as you like it. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg, 3 egg whites, and a splash of almond milk.
- Spray a nonstick pan with coconut oil cooking spray and heat to medium/high heat. Scramble eggs with a spatula and season with salt and pepper.
- Separate the scrambled eggs onto 4 tortillas. Then, add a piece of bacon. Top with cherry tomatoes, cheese, avocado, and cilantro.