Taco seasoned turkey & quinoa wrapped up in lettuce with your favorite toppings for a healthy twist on tacos!
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso.
I know, Tacos are for Tuesdays. And here it is Friday. But we eat tacos any day that I need a quick dinner fix, which is every night lately. They’re just so easy.
But really, it’s Friday? I’ve completely lost track of the days this week. We’ve been celebrating birthdays, spending time with family that’s in town, trying to get ready for family vacation next week, and meeting deadlines. On top of all that I’ve had a baby with a double ear infection. My little Miles has never been so angry and never slept so bad, but I would be too if both my ears were bursting in pain.
So about that family vaca. We’re going to Florida. Flying across country with a 1 year old with a double ear infection, who also hates his car seat right now. My chest hurts thinking about it.
So instead I’ll think about tacos.
Tacos made with turkey burger and quinoa wrapped up in lettuce. If you like tacos and you like taco salads you’ll love these. You can’t even taste the quinoa. It just blends in with the turkey meat. We make these Turkey & Quinoa Taco Lettuce Wraps to twist up our weekly tacos and keep them healthy too!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce or green leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- Shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa for topping
- Sauté chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and cook over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and add Taco Seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Rinse lettuce and separate leaves.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with a scoop of turkey & quinoa taco mix.
- Top with diced tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream and/or salsa