Creamy Black Bean Tostadas
- For the Cream Beans:
- 2 (14 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the meat:
- 1.5 lb ground chicken, ground turkey, or ground beef
- Taco seasoning or chili lime seasoning
- 6 corn tortillas
- chopped romaine lettuce
- diced avocado
- diced cherry tomatoes
- fresh limes
- shredded cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- Cook the ground chicken(or turkey or beef) in a skillet over medium heat. Drain. Season with Taco seasoning or Chili Lime seasoning (both options good-go with what you have). Set the meat aside.
- Place the black beans, Greek yogurt, diced green chiles, cilantro, cumin, garlic and salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Scrape beans into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to Broil. Place the corn tortillas DIRECTLY on the the oven rack to get them nice and crispy. Let broil for 3-5 minutes. Remove carefully, then assemble!
- Spread a little bean spread on the tostada shell, add a little meat, chopped lettuce and all yo' favorite toppings. Add a sprinkle of cheese.
- The black bean spread will be more than enough for six tostadas, so you can make more or eat it as a dip!
Recipe by Kristy Denney at https://boysahoy.com/creamy-black-bean-tostadas/