Honey Lime Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
1 (28 oz) can mild green enchilada sauce (or 12 oz salsa verde- it's runnier so won't need as much)
1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbs honey
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, plain
2 cup quinoa (cooked)
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (use rotisserie or canned for quick option)
1-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (make as cheesy as you'd like)
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt + pepper
4-6 white or yellow corn tortillas, torn into pieces
Optional toppings: green onion, cilantro, avocado, Greek yogurt, salsa
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl whisk enchilada sauce, honey, lime juice, greek yogurt, garlic salt, cumin, and salt and pepper together.
- Spoon some of the sauce (a few tbsp) into the bottom of an 8 X 8 inch casserole pan or similar sized dish. (double the recipe for a 9X13 pan)
- Place 1 of the shredded corn tortillas on top of the sauce (won't be overlapping)
- Next, layer half of the black beans, quinoa and chicken on top of the tortillas. Cover with more enchilada sauce, cheese and another shredded tortilla.
- Repeat another layer of filling, sauce and cheese.
- Top with the last shredded corn tortilla, and sprinkle with just a little more sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling, remove foil and let cook for another 5 minutes to completely melt cheese! Let stand for 5-10 minutes to cool.
- Serve with desired toppings!
*I went light with the tortillas but feel free to use more, maybe 2-3 per layer) if you'd like.
Recipe by Kristy Denney at https://boysahoy.com/honey-lime-chicken-quinoa-enchilada-casserole/