Sausage, Pepper, and Sweet Potato Quinoa Lunch Bowls
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (rinsed if needed)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers (any variety), diced (seeds and membrane removed)
- 2 large sweet potato (or three small), peeled and diced into cubes
- 2 (14 oz) package turkey Keilbasa sausage OR 5 links Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan bring chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, add quinoa, reduce to a simmer, and cover and cook for 15 minutes (or until liquid is absorbed). Remove from head, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease.
- Place the diced sweet potato, bell pepper, onion and minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Slice the sausage into thin rounds and slice each round in half. Add to the bowl of veggies.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the veggies and sausage and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out in a single layer on the baking dish. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the sausage and veggies start to brown. Remove from oven.
- Divide quinoa into 6 (16oz) tupperwear containers, about 1/2 cup quinoa into each bowl.
- Divide the roasted sausage and pepper mix evenly among the 6 bowls (about 1 cup in each bowl)
- Cover with airtight lid and store in the fridge.
- OR just mix it all into one large tupperware container and scoop out what you want each day :) Warm in the microwave before eating.
If you want a little dressing, i mixed up a little extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and garlic to add to these!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Unsaturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 91 mg
Sodium 860 mg
Total Carbohydrates 27 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 29 g
Recipe by Kristy Denney at https://boysahoy.com/sausage-pepper-quinoa-bowls-x-4-mom-lunch-meal-prep/