Skillet Taco Chili Pie with Polenta
- 1.4 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz tube polenta, cut into 6 -7 thin slices
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook the turkey in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Drain and return to pan.
- Add black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup over the top.
- Lay the 5-6 slices of polenta over the top of the chili.
- Place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven with a thick, oven mitt--DO NOT GRAB THE HANDLE-IT'S HOT.
- Garnish with chips, avocado, cilantro
Recipe by Kristy Denney at https://boysahoy.com/skillet-chili-taco-pie-with-polenta/