Sweet Potato Turkey Burger Sliders
Yield 4 burgers
- 1.5 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef, thawed
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1.5 tsp steak seasoning
- 2 large sweet potatos
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 slices cooked turkey bacon
- lettuce torn into small pieces (slider size)
- Mix ground turkey with garlic salt and steak seasoning. Shape into 8-10 mini patties (about 1/4 of a cup meat). Set aside. **size of your patties depends on the size of sweet potato slices you have since they will be the bun.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes (flipping half-way through). You want edges to be slightly crispy.
- While potatoes are roasting, grill the burgers. Place patties on a well-heated grill flipping after 3-4 minutes, and cook until cooked through (and desired done-ness).
- Assemble burgers, placing a mini burger in between two roasted sweet potato slices. Garnish burgers with lettuce, bacon, and mustard (or any other desired toppings).
- makes 8-10 burgers depending on size of patties and sweet potatoes! Serve any sweet potato rounds that are too small to be buns as chips on the side!
- **Whole30 and Paleo approved
Recipe by Kristy Denney at https://boysahoy.com/sweet-potato-sliders/