The perfect holiday cookie, these Candy Cane Kiss Cheesecake Cookies are festive and full of peppermint and cheesecake flavor!
Cookies are my jam, friends. They are my very, most favorite dessert to make (and eat)! And there’s no better time to make cookies than around Christmas! Some of my favorites are these Unforgettable Sugar Cookies and these White Chocolate Dipped Molasses Cookies, but I always look forward to making and trying new cookies to give to friends and neighbors.
Some of my blog friends and I are having a virtual Holiday Cookie Exchange today to help you get your cookie-baking on 🙂 Just scroll on down to the bottom to see all of the delicious cookies!
You might just want to start with these cute cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 6 oz cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 24 candy cane kisses, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- *extra sugar for rolling cookies in
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and peppermint extract and beat until creamy.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined well.
- Chill dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Scoop into one-inch round balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment. Bake for about 10 minutes (watch so they don't brown. a little under-done is okay!)
- Let cool for a couple of minutes then press a candy cane kiss into the center of each cookie. Let cool for a couple more minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Drizzle tops of cookies with melted white chocolate.
- **dough will be sticky so you need to chill it. once it has chilled, work quickly to get cookies in the oven. keep unused dough chilling until you are done.
- adapted from my
- Rainbow Sprinkle Cheesecake Cookies.
Check out all of the tasty cookies my friends are sharing in our virtual holiday cookie exchange!
Eggnog Snickerdoodles from Cooking Classy
Fruit Filled Pecan Thumbprint Cookies from Chef in Training
Gingersnap Biscotti from Completely Delicious
True Love Cookies from Creme de la Crumb
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Macaroons from Inside BruCrew Life
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies from Our Best Bites
Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cookies from Sweet Basil
Candy Cane Cheesecake Cookies from Sweet Treats and More
Chocolate Cherry Sandwich Cookies from Taste and Tell
Chocolate Mallow Drops from The Recipe Critic
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Rudolph Cookies from Your Cup of Cake