The next morning the first thing he said when he woke up was “Mommy, I want to go to Michigan” in that same sad voice.
Gosh I hate goodbyes.
Before they left we had a little farewell dinner with other friends too. After dinner we came to our house to drown our sorrows in chocolate with brownies. Then we drowned our brownies in chocolate too.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies, drowned in Chocolate Whipped Cream.
Speaking of which, if you’ve never made chocolate whipped cream, it’s a must! I could eat regular whipped cream by the spoonfuls, but chocolate whipped cream I could eat by the bowlfuls.
You can find this recipe, and a billion other zucchini recipes over at Two Peas & Their Pod. Thanks Maria!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 x 11 inch pan and set aside. Or use two 9 inch round pans if you want to eat it like brownie pie:)
- In a stand mixer, mix sugar, oil, and flour until mixture looks like "wet sand".
- Continue mixing on low and gradually add cocoa, zucchini, vanilla, salt, and soda.
- Mix until combined, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pan (or divide evenly among 9 inch round pans) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with chocolate whipped cream (recipe below)
- source: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/chocolate-chip-zucchini-brownies/
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Sift powdered sugar and cocoa together and set aside (this will keep it from being clumpy). Beat whipping cream on medium speed for about one minute, then gradually add the sugar and cocoa mixture two tablespoons at a time. Continue to beat until peaks form.