My itty bitty corner of the web has been a little quiet this week. I went on a girls trip over the weekend, came home to family in town, and have just been playing catch up….mostly just catching up on laundry. Seriously people it never ends.
But I’m here, on a Thursday (which means it’s almost FRIDAY!!!!) and I’ve got these waffle cookies that, oh my word, are just too good! Chocolate Chunk Waffle Cookies with a thick, and I mean thick, layer of Vanilla Bean Frosting!
Please tell me that you’ve already busted out your waffle iron?????
How fun right? You can actually make cookies in a waffle iron in just minutes! These are thick and cakey cookies too, just how I like them. The batter is simple and it’s loaded with chocolate flavor– made with cocoa powder, a splash of Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Chocolate Extract, and even chocolate chips.
I love using Nielsen-Massey products in my baking. The quality of their flavorings and extracts is just amazing. Everything is all-natural and pure, and you can taste it too. You might be familiar with their variety of vanillas? The Madagascar Pure Vanilla Bean Paste has been one of my favorites to use in baking for such a long time!!
And the vanilla bean paste makes the frosting just incredible!
Just ask this kid ↑↑….he’s the frosting king.
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen Massey Chocolate Extract
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, soft
- 2 cups (or about) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a small bowl combine flour and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing in well. Beat in vanilla bean paste and chocolate extract.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron. Spoon a spoonful of batter onto each quadrant of the waffle iron (four cookies at a time). Cook for 3-4 minutes (This could be more or less depending on your waffle iron. I'd recommend trying just one cookie first to get cook time right!)
- In a small bowl cream butter until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste and milk (use enough milk to get desired consistency)
- Spread frosting over cooled cookies!
- makes 12-16 cookies
This post is in partnership with Nielsen-Massey. All opinions are my own, and as always, thank you for supporting the sponsors I work with and love.