I’m happy eating cereal for dinner but I think my husband is less than thrilled. “YOYO” has become his least favorite thing to hear me say. So I’ve been on the hunt for super simple meals.
It’s seriously a cinch to throw in the crock pot, a great meal for lazy days or just busy days.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices, drained and juice reserved
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place chicken in the bottom of a crock pot that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Place pineapple rings and chopped bell pepper on top of the chicken.
- In a small bowl whisk together, pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, ginger, corn starch, and salt and pepper until brown sugar and corn starch is dissolved.
- Pour the pineapple juice mixture over the top of the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve chicken breasts over rice or shred the chicken, place back in the crock pot and serve on rolls.