Hi there! I’m Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy and I’m super excited to be here with you today, sharing one of my favorite breakfast recipes! I’m the mom to four boys, who are usually hungry. 🙂 One of my favorite traditions, is making something great for breakfast on the weekends.
When I was growing up, my mom always made something special for breakfast just about every weekend. One of her famous (and my favorite) breakfasts is coffee cake. Nothing wrong with a little cake for breakfast, am I right?!
This recipe is so super easy to make. It uses Bisquick baking mix, which is nice because you don’t have to bother with measuring out flour, baking soda, salt, yada yada because it’s already in the baking mix. Only a few more ingredients, and one bowl to mix it in. Simple and easy.
Every time I make this coffee cake, it always turns out fabulous. It’s light and moist with the perfect cinnamon swirl topping. Basically, it’s gone within 10 minutes at my house full of boys! You can easily double this recipe to get a 9×13 pan. Serve a warm slice with a glass of cold milk and you’ll be in breakfast heaven!
- Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake2014-06-09 09:54:34Write a reviewIngredients
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Boys Ahoy http://boysahoy.com/
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick, sugar, egg, milk and 1 Tbsp. of the melted butter, and the vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and smooth down the top.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Drizzle remaining butter over the top of the coffee cake and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture over the butter. Lightly swirl batter with a knife for a marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Slice up and enjoy!
Check out these other great breakfast ideas from Yummy Healthy Easy:
Thank you so much for having me, Kristy and Sweet Treats & More readers! I’d love to have you stop by sometime over at Yummy Healthy Easy to check out some more easy recipes! Thanks again!
Thanks so much Jen for sharing this yummy coffee cake with my readers!!