Happy Monday friends! Only four more days of hotel living! I’m anxious to get back into a normal eating routine of prepping and cooking my own meals. I’ve been “vacation eating” for the last ten days and I think my body hates me.
Last week however, I made this super simple, superfood salad for lunch because I was just craving something green, something clean! After hitting the fast-food drive thru for my kids (yep, totally that mom this week) I ran and grabbed a few ingredients from the grocery store to make a light and refreshing salad. That just so happens to be packed with fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins K and C. And it’s so simple I threw it together in my itty bitty hotel kitchen with just a few ingredients!
It was just what I needed. And what I might need everyday for the rest of the summer
The greens: baby kale and finely chopped brussels sprouts.
The goods: oranges, cranberries, and pecans.
All tossed together in a super simple Orange-Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup finely chopped brussels sprouts (raw, not cooked)
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced into small chunks
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- dash salt and pepper
- Gently toss baby kale, brussels sprouts, orange chunks, cranberries and pecans together.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle desired amount over salad. Toss together and serve.