I got home from my trip to Miami for Blogher Food last night and my husband said, “I can see your baby belly now. Is it the baby or just all of the food you ate?” Truth is, I’m not sure. I’ll go with both. Baby had a growth spurt thanks to the amount of tasty food I ate in just two days.
If I could detox this week, I would. But since I’ve still got a baby to grow (maybe this one will be our “big” baby) I can only lighten things up a bit.
Like these Skinny Chicken Cordon Blue Tenders. They are a great alternative to their original- not completely coated in butter and bread crumbs, but still cheesy and flavorful with a little bit of crispy crunch on top.
The recipe comes from The Skinny Fork (great site full of great recipes) and I actually made them a couple of months ago. We went on a little kick where we were eating them a couple of times a week. I think it’s time to get them back in the rotation!!
- 6 chicken tenders, thawed
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line chicken on a slightly greased baking sheet. Slice the ham in half, length-wise. Place two half slices on each piece of chicken. Slice the swiss cheese in half, length-wise as well. Place two half slices of cheese on top of the ham.
- Place the bread crumbs in a small bowl. Pour the butter over the bread crumbs and stir to combine. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. ***Optional- broil for 1-2 minutes at the very end the get the cheese nice and bubbly!
- source: The Skinny Fork