I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We spent a week in Colorado at my in-laws’ house and spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with both of mine and Brett’s parents– one of the benefits to both of our parents living in Colorado! Plus our parents actually get along…like, really well. And sometimes hang out without us. We love it…it makes the whole in-law thing a breeze:)
But now we are home and we’re about to ring in a New Year! Not sure how that’s possible but here we go right?
Ring in the New Year with these Frosty Fruit Sodas! They’re a fun and festive drink everyone can enjoy, especially the kiddos. I guess you can call them a mock-tail:) And they only take minutes to blend up! Into a blender goes a banana, orange, some orange zest, vanilla ice cream and Sprite, or any lemon-lime soda you like. I’ve even used Fresca and they taste great!
They taste a little like an Orange Julius but not as thick, and with a little fizz!
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 medium orange, peeled and chunked
- zest of 1/2 of the orange peel
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 (12 oz) can lemon lime soda
- optional: whipped cream, extra orange zest, or banana slices for garnish
- Place everything into a blender and blend until smooth and frothy! Pour into glasses and serve!
- This recipe is from a church community cookbook my MIL gave me, called Heavenly Recipes. It's a collection of recipes from people within her church!