Mini Crescent Dogs rolled up with green chiles and Velveeta cheese– the perfect appetizer for parties!
I hate to admit it, but I’m a sucker for crescent wrapped mini dogs at all of the parties this time of year. They pop up everywhere from now until the super bowl. I don’t want to like them, but I do. And I take one or two, then end up eating ten before the night is over. I’d be better off just eating one jumbo hot dog, which we rarely eat hot dogs around here, but there’s something about the buttery crescent roll wrapped around those little dogs that makes them hard to resist.
You can imagine how a little Velveeta cheese and green chiles stuffed inside makes them even better. Gives ’em a little Mexican flavor, which I love.
Serve these with some salsa and they’ll be a hit at your next party!
- 2 cans (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 48 cocktail-size smoke link sausages
- 1 can (6 oz) diced green chiles
- 6 slices Velveeta cheese, cut into 8 small rectangles (making 48 mini slices of Velveeta)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll both rolls of crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise twice, creating 3 triangles.
- 2. Place one mini slice of Velveeta cheese, a small spoonful of diced green chiles, and the sausage link on the shortest side of each triangle.
- 3. Roll up, starting at the shortest side of triangle and rolling to the opposite point. Place point side down on 2 ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of the cookie sheets half way through. Immediately remove from baking sheets and serve warm.
- 5. Serve with salsa.