I’m having a little Key Lime Pie party today…
And then they go and make Key Lime Pie Milkshakes and Key Lime Pie Donuts!!
We get together often to talk blogging, eat food (of course), let our kiddos play, and just to talk about life. Blogging is what connected us, but I know even without our blogs, we’d be good friends!
We got together last week and each brought a Key Lime Pie dessert to share and photograph. Together we had seven little kiddos running (some crawling) around and begging for food so I’m surprised we even got some photos done before everything was eaten.
Making Key Lime Pie frozen yogurt was a given for me. It’s hot. Like 90 degrees hot. Frozen treats are where it’s at right now and we love frozen yogurt!
I knew the tart yogurt flavor would pair perfectly with the freshly squeezed, tart key lime juice. I added some coconut milk to give it a touch of tropical flavor. Topped with some lime zest and graham cracker crumbs this frozen yogurt is pretty much perfect. And pretty much guilt free (it has Greek yogurt in it, so just play along!)
- 2 cups nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt (I use chobani)
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 2-3 key limes, juiced (add more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp lime zest,
- 2-3 tbsp agave nectar
- graham cracker crumbs for topping
- Combine Greek yogurt, coconut milk, lime juice, 1/2 tsp lime zest, agave nectar in a large bowl. Add more or less lime juice and agave to desired taste. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Place yogurt mixture in the ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.