These miniature Yoplait® Frozen Yogurt Waffle Sundaes make it fun to eat dessert for breakfast!
This post is sponsored by Yoplait. All opinions are my own.
Waffles seem to be all the rage right now. People are eating savory waffles, dessert waffles, anytime-of-day waffles. From waffle trucks to cute little waffle shops. My husband did a bike ride over the weekend that was sponsored by a local waffle truck. At the finish he ate a waffle with greek yogurt bananas, granola and honey. Seriously. Waffles are the new black. Have you joined the craze? Do you stalk the waffle truck?
Every once and a while I crave waffles, usually for dinner . I like ’em slathered in peanut butter and drenched in syrup.
But then I made these little mini waffle sundaes and my waffle world got turned upside down. I think I’m about to join the craze and go find me that waffle truck.
These mini whole wheat chocolate chip waffles (made with coconut oil too!) hot off the griddle are topped with a scoop of Yoplait Blueberry Frozen Greek Yogurt, topped with sliced bananas and nuts. The cold yogurt hits the hot waffles and melts all over the top. You totally want these for breakfast….or dinner or dessert or whatever.
I did say the words mini, whole wheat, and frozen greek yogurt so feel free to eat as many as you want guilt free.
- 1 pint Yoplait® Greek Frozen Yogurt Blueberry
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp skim milk
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and diced
- Preheat waffle iron to medium high heat.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside. Beat egg, sugar, and melted coconut together. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter onto the center of the waffle iron. Close and cook according to manufacture’s instruction.
- Cook waffles until golden, then top each waffle with two, cookie-size scoops of Yoplait Blueberry Frozen Yogurt. Top with a few slices of banana and a sprinkle of pecans. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use any variety of Yoplait Frozen Yogurt flavors.
- Cook waffles a little be longer for a crispier, more brown waffle.