This post is sponsored by KRAFT Foods. All opinions are my own.
This pregnancy has me craving burgers several times a week. I guess that’s what happens to me when I’m pregnant with boys, I eat like one! It might just be the reason this baby boy is measuring a little large too I love grilling up our own burgers throughout the summer and it’s exactly what I plan to do to satisfy these carnivorous pregnancy cravings.
I know coleslaw is typically a side dish at barbecues, but why not skip the side and throw it on top of a burger? Make it a Slaw Burger!
This burger is topped with a delicious sweet and spicy slaw made with cabbage, MIRACLE WHIP, crushed pineapple, red onion, and a little bit of Sriracha sauce. Sriracha is only Brett’s favorite sauce on the planet, so you know he was diggin’ this burger. Even though my mouth was on fire (I may have added just a teeny bit more Sriracha just for the hubs), I loved it too.
You can add cheese, extra onions, or any other toppings you like, but the slaw gives it great flavor by itself.
A little bit of MIRACLE WHIP goes in to the actual burger meat to really make some juicy burgers. Genius right? And I like to throw our buns on the grill for just a few minutes to get them nice and toasty!
If you are celebrating the 4th of July burger style like we will be, be sure to to add these bad boys to your party! Your friends and family with love them!
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 pkg. ( 14 oz.) cabbage slaw blend
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, (drained)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Combine meat, garlic powder and 1/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP dressing just until blended. Shape into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done (160ºF).
- Combine remaining dressing with all remaining ingredients except buns.
- Assemble burgers on buns with slaw on top.
- **Add cheese, extra Sriracha sauce, or red onion to burgers if desired.
- source: MIRACLE WHIP
MIRACLE WHIP and Proud of It