I’m just coming off of a girls weekend in Moab, Utah and it was just what this mama needed- hiking, laying at the pool, great food, jeeping, chick flicks, pedicures, and lots and lots of girl talk. Kind of the perfect combination of girly/outdoorsy activities. I’d do it all again in a heart beat.
The whole purpose of the trip was to celebrate the three of us turning 30 this year! Maybe the real reason for the adventurous weekend was to make us feel young again;) Okay…we are totally in denial about turning 30 (unfortunately, I already did)! It was a great reason to get away!
Sorry I don’t have any Mexican fare for you today, but happy Cinco De Mayo anyway. I do have a great spring/summer side for you.
This Roasted Red Pepper & Cauliflower Quinoa is super simple, but really tasty!
Roasted red peppers and cauliflower give the dish a smoky flavor while the feta cheese and lemon juice add a zesty, fresh spring flavor to it! We served this alongside some grilled turkey burgers and the combo was great.
I like it served warm, but you can also serve it chilled. If you do let it chill for a while, the flavors really set in.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 head of cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Drizzle chopped red pepper and cauliflower with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper and a dash of garlic salt. Toss together and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15-25 minutes, stirring half way through. Cook until tender and edges start to blacken.
- In a large bowl toss warm cooked quinoa, the roasted veggies, feta cheese together. In a small container whisk 2 tbs olive oil with lemon juice and drizzle over quinoa. Season with salt and pepper and toss together.