You don’t have to cook the quinoa, just rinse it before you put it in the crock pot and it’ll cook up perfectly!
By the time you’re done with all the mom stuff, or work stuff, or whatever you’re filling your day with, when dinner time rolls around, it’ll be ready without any effort from you. My kind of dinner.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- 2 (16 oz) can black bean
- 1 (15 oz) corn, drained
- 2 1/2-3 cup chicken stock
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder (taco seasoning is good too)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place everything in a 6 qt slow cooker and cook for 5-7 hours on low. Remove chicken, shred it and return to slow cooker. Keep warm until ready to serve. Garnish with cheese or sour cream.
- **to make this vegetarian leave out the chicken.
- **leave out the crushed red pepper if you don't like just a teeny bit of kick. like i said, my two year ate it and wasn't too hot for him.