This might just be the ultimate game-time snack…..
If you are in to game-time snacks and the craziness of March Madness? Are you? I’m in to the snacks.
I filled out Brett filled out a bracket for me, and all I can remember is who I he picked to win it. I’ll join the madness when we are down to the final four teams. I’m all about the big games when we have a real excuse to get together with friends and eat some delicious game-day food.
And that’s exactly what these Spicy Jalapeno Philly Cheese Steak Sliders are for.
Kraft has a new Philadelphia Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese (not on shelves yet!) and I received a few samples to create something tasty with. Jalapenos + Cream Cheese + March Madness + Hungry Men. Seriously the four couldn’t be a better combination. I’ve got one hungry, jalapeno loving husband that was more excited about what I was going to make with this cream cheese than I was. (Remember-I’m kind of a wimp when it comes to spicy things). The cream cheese alone has some heat but I sat there and ate crackers with it until my mouth was on fire and the container was half empty. So… I guess it’s pretty dang good.
It was the perfect addition to a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich, turned slider, for the perfect game-day grub. Don’t ya think? Spicy, cream cheesy beef, topped with sauteed onions and peppers, topped with a slice of provolone cheese. All stuffed in a tasty little pretzel roll (they are the perfect slider buns!).
- 1-1.5 lb beef chuck roast, shaved into thin slices (most grocery store butchers will do this for you)
- 2 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz Kraft Philadelphia Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 pretzel rolls (or other roll of choice for slider buns)
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- Heat oven to broil. Slice pretzels rolls in half and lightly butter each side. Arrange on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and saute until golden and soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt another tablespoon (or two) of butter in the pan and add sliced beef (separating slices). Add worcestershire and season with salt and pepper (to taste) and cook until meat is browned and cooked through (about 5 minutes). Stir in jalapeno cream cheese. (You can always add more or less depending on how cheesy you want it). Remove from heat.
- Place about 1/4 a cup of meat on the bottom half of each roll. Top with a spoonful of pepper & onion mix. Top with a slice of provolone cheese. Broil in the oven until the provolone is melted and buns are toasted.
- If you can't find the Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese, make your own mixing 12 oz. cream cheese with 1-2 tbsp diced jalapeno (making as mild or as spicy as you'd like).
- Using finely sliced beef chuck roast makes the meat really tender and perfect for cheese steak sandwiches. Most grocery store butchers will slice it for you, just tell them you're making cheese steak sandwiches with it!
Disclosure: I received product and compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.