This post is sponsored by Kraft and Philadelphia Cream Cheese
If you guys follow me on Instagram, you might have seen a little announcement I made yesterday! We are expecting baby number three this September! I’m 16 weeks along- finally out of the first trimester and finally feeling good! I swear the first trimester feels like it’s never-ending. And now that I’m not eating crackers and cheese, or pretzels every 15 minutes I’m finally enjoying some of the foods I love again. Including sweets! Oh they just sounded awful that first trimester. I’m especially loving tart and fruity desserts…..just like this Strawberry Cream Eclair Cake.
Eclair Cake is one of my families’ favorite desserts. My mom makes it almost every holiday and family get together. I decided to spruce up our classic family recipe and make it a perfect dessert for Spring, especially Easter!
Fresh strawberries, greek yogurt and PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese make a deliciously tart and creamy filling for a soft and fluffy eclair shell.
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese makes any dessert delicious, and it’s no different with this Strawberry Eclair Cake. I love using PHILADELPHIA because I know it’s high quality cream cheese. The milk used to make the cream cheese is sourced from farmers, local to where the cream cheese is made ,and it goes from farm to fridge in just six days. The stuff is fresh! AND there are no preservatives in the Original PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese.
There’s a reason it tastes so good my friends.
And what I love about the strawberry cream filling is that it isn’t too sweet. Vanilla Greek yogurt and freshly mashed strawberries sweeten it up, but you can still taste that rich, cream cheese flavor. And the Greek yogurt keeps it slightly tart. It’s heaven to this prego lady.
A layer of cool whip goes over the strawberry cream layer and once it’s chilled for a bit the cake is served with additional slices of fresh strawberries! It’s the perfect fresh and fruity, light and creamy dessert for your Easter celebration or any celebration this Spring!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed strawberries
- 10 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- 8 oz cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8X8 inch square pan, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in yogurt until creamy then mix in mashed strawberries. Chill in fridge until ready to fill the crust.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and water together. Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Immediately whisk in flour, then the eggs, one at a time. Spread the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly all around and up the sides of the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed up. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, pour the strawberry cream filling into the eclair shell. Spread a layer of cool whip over the top. Chill for one to two hours before serving. Serve with fresh sliced strawberries on top of the cake.