Tell me I had you at three cheese?
(This post is sponsored by Kroger)
Havarti + Cheddar + Aged White Cheddar Cheese. All melted in a saucy, bbq chicken panini. Sandwich, errr panini, heaven people.
I made these Three Cheese BBQ Chicken Paninis last week for dinner and was somewhat surprised at how much my family liked them. I mean, they’re just so simple. But if simple gets me a quiet dinner table while my kiddos feed their little faces, zero crumbs left on their plates, plus a husband that polished off two, then I’m good with simple.
I kept these really simple by using a rotisserie chicken (I’m slightly obsessed with rotisseries- they’re making my life easy right now), shredded it up and tossed it in some bbq sauce. You can grill these up on a panini press, griddle or just the stove top. I love how quickly the panini press makes a perfectly toasted sandwich with perfectly melted cheese.
I recommend making extra bbq chicken ( buy 2 rotisseries!) so you can make these for dinner one night and lunch later in the week!
Hopefully you like simple. And hopefully you like cheese!
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I like to use Kroger's Rotisserie Chicken to save time)
- 1/2 cup Kroger brand bbq sauce + extra for spreading on sandwich and dipping
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 slices Kroger brand Havarti Cheese, cut in half
- 2 slices Kroger brand Cheddar Cheese, cut in half
- 2 slices Kroger brand Aged White Cheddar Cheese, cut in half
- 8 slices whole grain quality bread
- Panini Press
- Heat panini press to medium-high heat.
- Combine shredded chicken, bbq sauce, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Lightly butter one side of each of the slices of bread. Place one slice (buttered side down) on panini press, and spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture on top. Top with a half slice of each- havarti, cheddar, and white cheddar cheese.
- Take another piece of bread, and spread a thin layer of bbq sauce on the un-buttered side. Place it on top of the of the cheese and close the panini press. Cook for about 3 minutes. Cut sandwich in half and serve!