Hey hey! Sorry it’s been a little quiet over here this last week. We are getting ready to move this weekend! Not far from where we currently live, but still, a lot has been going on lately in prep. Mostly a whole lot of packing, selling (everything!), and de-junking (literally everything!). And gradually moving boxes to the new house.
(ps– I love de-junking! I’ve gotten really good at it. If you need a little motivation read THIS book.)
I haven’t been cooking much, the boys have been living on quesadillas and popsicles and I’ve been living off al the good things Trader Joe’s has to offer. BUT, I managed to make this tasty Toasted Coconut Quinoa Oatmeal earlier this week and it is good stuff.
If you’re not on the quinoa train and think this just sounds awful, please at least tell me it doesn’t look awful. And just give it a try! It’s a great breakfast switch up to have in your pocket.
Cook quinoa and oats in some Califa Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk, combined with a little cinnamon, coconut sugar (I’m loving this stuff lately), chia, and a pinch of salt. Let it simmer until it’s nice and thick and creamy.
And then go buck wild with some toppings–toasted coconut, banana slices, honey, more chia. More almond milk. Soooooooo stinkin’ good my friends. I’ll be making it on repeat, and might be the only homemade anything I make until we get moved in. (Not upset about it!)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup Califa Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- * a little extra almond milk, coconut sugar (or brown sugar), and chia for topping
- *drizzle of honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut
- 1 banana, sliced
- In a small bowl combine the (uncooked) quinoa and oats, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar together.
- Bring the almond milk and water to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to low, stir in quinoa and oats mixture, cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Divide into two bowls. Top a drizzle of honey, toasted coconut, and banana. Top with a little additional Toasted Coconut Almond Milk, coconut sugar, and chia as well if desired.