I tell you what, unpacking an entire house is a beast. I thought we dejunked before we moved, but we still have so much stuff. And so many boxes. And all of that stuff is wrapped up in so.much.paper!
See…mountains of paper. And this is only from a few boxes.
But, we are making progress. And the best news is I have a kitchen to cook and bake in, with all of my own kitchen stuff. Everything is slowly coming together and our little house is feeling like home. Side note– big thanks my friends- Sweet Basil, Yummy Healthy Easy, and The Girl Who Ate Everything, who helped keep things alive here during this whole move and transition. If you missed their recipes, be sure to check them out here, here and here!
Our first week here in San Diego a family from our church invited us over for dinner. They have two boys the same ages as Owen and Miles so we kind of hit it off. I think my new friend Kelly felt the pain of having two little boys in a small hotel room. She had us over for dinner and play dates and it was just what the boys needed. Kelly served this Watermelon Salad with dinner and Brett and I couldn’t get enough of it. We immediately made it at home!
It’s so simple and it’s the perfect summer salad. Watermelon, cucumber, red onion and feta cheese are all tossed together with a bed of arugula and spinach. A super simple honey + olive oil + red wine vinegar dressing finishes it off perfectly.
We’ll be making it all summer long.
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- Place the arugula, spinach, watermelon and cucumber, onion, and feta cheese in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar and honey together and drizzle (desired amount) over the salad. Toss together until dressing is evenly incorporated. Season with a dash of salt and serve!
- recipe from my friend Kelly!