I think it’s safe to say my family is living off of 10 minute meals this summer. Lots of quick and easy pastas, lots of salads, lots of quesadillas. Why don’t I have the time, err the desire, errr the food in my house to cook a real meal for my family?
My pantry is pretty pathetic. I‘m not making time for meal planning. Not even making grocery lists. I have little time and very little desire to go the grocery store.
My most recent trips have been real doosies….thanks to a one year old who wants to walk everywhere, who turns into a hot, screaming, baby-of- a-mess, when strapped into the cart. I pretty much come home empty handed. Aside from my twelve pack of diet coke.
I had everything for these Creamy Buffalo Chicken & Black Bean Quesadillas. Even in my barren pantry & sorry excuse for a stocked fridge. Chicken + Black Beans + Wing Sauce + Sour Cream + Tortillas + Cheese And green onions that were surprisingly still fresh.
The best part? The filling is not only great in quesadillas, but great in tacos, burritos, taquitos, or on chips to make nachos. Take your pic and have dinner ready in minutes.
Summer is dwindling you guys. And first years of preschool are approaching (gahhh!!). We need more time for play and less time for work. And I’m avoiding trips to the grocery store. Which is exactly why I’m making meals like this!
FYI– the kiddos just get black bean & chicken quesadillas. The spicy stuff is for the adults. And my spicy-food-loving husband has no complaints about these!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (or 12.5 oz canned chicken- like from Costco)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Franks hot sauce (or other wing sauce)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (plus more for topping)
- 2 tbsp diced green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan combine chicken, sour cream, wing sauce, black beans, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and bring to a slight simmer, remove from heat.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and lightly spray with Pam.
- Place tortilla on the heated skillet.
- Spread about a 1/4- 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bottom side is golden brown. Fold the top of the quesadilla in half to close the quesadilla. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream and diced green onion