Hi to all you awesome Sweet Treats and More Readers! We are Jen and Emily from Layers of Happiness and we are are super excited to get the opportunity to share some delicious food with all of you fun food-loving friends. Today we are sharing these crazy delicious, show stopping, (secretly easy) 7 Layer Bar Stuffed Brownie Bites.
Yeah you read that right, a magic bar STUFFED inside a brownie bite. These are every bit as delicious as they look. Seriously… What is it about butterscotch that is just so addicting?! And what is it about coconut and butterscotch that is even more addicting?!
Valentines Day is just around the corner and these are the perfect treats to share with your friends, family, or even as dessert on your date night.
These brownie bites taste amazing and they’re so simple to make. You start by filling each mini muffin tin 1/2 way full with brownie batter, then adding 1 teaspoon of the coconut mixture to the center of the brownie, and bake. Easy as that.
The brownie puffs up and hugs the layer bar filling as it bakes in the most glorious way. These brownie bites are really similar to 7-layer bars; but instead of the typical crust 7-layer bars normally have, these are like a seven layer bar with a brownie crust. Trust me on this one, everything is better with a brownie crust.
In this recipe, we used our favorite “better than boxed mix” brownie recipe, but you could totally use a box mix and they would still be super yummy.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs. beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups coconut, sweetened and shredded
- 1/2 (7 oz) tube almond paste, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together over low heat in a medium saucepan. Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, until well combined. Slowly add eggs and vanilla.
- Add chocolate syrup, flour and salt. Stir until evenly combined. Fill each mini muffin tin 1/2 way full, about 1 Tablespoon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the egg whites, sugar, and almond extract together on medium-high speed until foamy and the sugar is mostly dissolved - at least 2 minutes. Fold in the coconut, almond paste, pecan pieces, and butterscotch chips with a rubber spatula, making sure the coconut is evenly distributed.
- Drop 1 teaspoon into the center of each brownie batter filled muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until filling is a caramel brown color and set. Cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, add the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat mixture over low heat, stirring constantly. Once combined, drizzle over brownie bites and enjoy or store in an airtight container to keep moist.
Hungry for more chocolate lovers’ recipes? Try our…
Connect with Jen and Emily