Football season is here!!! You know we are a football-loving family, and I like watching football, but I love the food that comes with it just as much (maybe more!)! I’m the girl hovering over the food table, watching and talking and cheering and dipping. I’m definitely a chips and dip kind of girl. And this Bacon Feta Guacamole is hands down the best guac.
I’m obsessed! It’s as simple as it sounds–avocados, garlic, salt and pepper, lime juice, a pinch of cayenne, green onions, and crumbed bacon and feta cheese. I made a giant bowl of it over the weekend for a get together with friends to watch the BYU vs Utah game and it was devoured. When it’s gone you know it was good. We put a little on our pulled pork sandwiches we served too, and that was a tasty combo!
I guess this might be a good time to tell you that I’m presenting at Pinners Conference next month in Arizona. I’ll be sharing some of the best ways to get your dip on–timed perfectly well with football season and holiday parties! Everyone loves a good dip! If you live in the Phoenix area and want to come party with me you can sign up for my class here. You can use the code “boysahoy” for a discounted ticket too. I’m excited! And nervous!
So it’s a good thing there will be food! ha!
Anyways, add this to your next game day spread, or party! Your peeps will love it!
- 4 large ripe avocados, havled and seeded
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (more or less to taste
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 roma tomato, diced
- Spoon avocados into a medium bowl and mash together with a fork, leaving as chunky as you'd like. Add lime juice, garlic salt, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper, and combine. Then stir in feta cheese, bacon crumbles and green onion. **reserve a little bit of each to sprinkle on top of the guac.