I made you guys these amazing little BBQ Chicken Pita Pizzas! They’re so easy to make, they’re perfect for busy days and evenings when you’re trying to get dinner ready but your kids are like, whoah, going all kinds of crazy, and your brain has practically shut off? Just me? Okay nevermind. Point is, these are easy.
And guess what? They have sweet potato fries on them! French fries on yo pizza y’all. A fun little twist on your classic bbq chicken pizza.
Pita pizzas you guys, they’re the way to go. No makin’ dough, plus you get a thin and crispy crust with wayyy less calories (i think, lol). And they’re the perfect size. Everyone gets their own.
Using pre-cooked chicken (i just buy a rotisserie chicken) is huge time saver. As well as using frozen sweet potato fries (like Alexia). It’s a half-way home made pizza but you won’t regret it!
Topped with a little fresh cilantro and a drizzle of sour cream!
(grabby hands- big and little!)
- 1 pkg whole wheat pita bread
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 pkg frozen sweet potato fries (I love Alexia brand)
- 2 cups shredded mozerella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and saute 2 tbs cilantro over medium-high heat. Stir in shredded chicken. Toss chicken until it starts to brown just slightly. Turn down heat and stir in BBQ sauce (as much or as little as you’d like). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bake sweet potato fries for 6-8 minutes at 425. Let cool slighlty then cut fries into small cubes.
- Reduce oven heat to 375.
- Spread a little BBQ sauce evenly on your pitas, and cover with mozerella cheese. Top with shredded chicken, and sweet potato fry pieces. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and garnish with chopped cilantro and a drizzle of sour cream.
- For a crispier pizza crust, bake pitas directly on the oven rack.