Cheesy Black and White Bean Dip that’s perfect for game day or any party!!
Hey guys! As I have time, I’m updating the photos on some old posts. I loved this Black and White Bean Dip SO much when I was pregnant with O. That was over six years ago and wow, were my photography skills lacking, lol. It’s fun to see that I’ve at least improved over the years.
I remember craving anything and everything salty during that first pregnancy. Actually, all three pregnancies! This dip originally comes from The Sister’s Cafe and it is so tasty! The recipe call for fresh tomatoes, but I’ve also used a can of Rotel and that works just as well too! Just make sure to drain them.
My husband think this dip needs some protein in it….
So I guess you could add some shredded chicken as well 🙂 I love it just the way it is. Also, I say the cheesier the better 🙂
Black and White Bean Dip
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of white beans (I used Great Northern beans)
- 1 can of shoepeg corn
- 1 7oz can of Herdez salsa verde
- 2 cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese (I used 1 cup monterey jack, 1 cup sharp cheddar)
- 4-6 chopped roma tomatoes (squeeze liquid out of tomatoes before chopping) OR 1 (14 oz) can rotel, drained
- garlic salt to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Rinse and drain both cans of beans. Also drain the can of shoepeg corn. Make sure to squeeze liquid out of tomatoes before chopping so the dip doesn't turn runny. Put everything (except for the avocado) in a bowl and mix together. Spray a shallow baking dish (I used a glass pie plate) with nonstick spray before spooning in the bean mixture. Sprinkle a little cheese on top and pop into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and it is all warm and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with diced avocado and serve with tortilla chips.